2016 Afternoon Tea Party Tickets are on Sale NOW!
Join Us For our
7th Annual Tea Party
Saturday, October 1 st
At 2 p.m.
Chester Baptist Church
4317 West School Street
Tickets for the 2016 Fall Tea Party are on sale now! You may purchase by calling our office at (804) 706-6689 or in our store by clicking below.
To sponsor a table or purchase tickets, please RSVP by September 27th
2016 Fall Food Drive
The Shepherd’s Center of Chesterfield will have a canned and non-perishable Food Drive during our Adventures In Learning, Fall 2016 session.
Donated foods will be given to needy clients in The Shepherd’s Center community.
Suggested food items:
2016 Fall AIL Dates
The 2016 Adventures in Learning Fall session begins on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 and ends on November 16, 2016. See the schedule by clicking on the Adventures In Learning menu item above.
We NEED Volunteer Drivers and Office Staff
The Shepherd's Center of Chesterfield has an urgent need for volunteer drivers to transport seniors to medical appointments and the grocery store, and for phone receptionists to receive calls and schedule rides. Receptionists would work from the Shepherd's Center office at 6800 Lucy Corr Blvd. Areas in need of drivers include Chesterfield County, Colonial Heights, Chester, Hopewell and Prince George.
Can you help by offering a few hours to either provide or arrange a ride?
Without new volunteer drivers, our clients will be placed on a waiting list for their critical medical and grocery shopping transportation needs. You can make a difference in the community by volunteering only a couple of hours a month!
The Shepherds Center of Chesterfield, a non-profit inter-faith organization, offers free, accompanied transportation, in-home handyman services, and low-cost classes to adults over 50.
Become a part of this close-knit volunteer community; you may need their help someday, too! Call The Shepherds Center of Chesterfield at (804) 706-6689 or submit a Volunteer Interest Form now.
2016 AIL Speakers
2016 Fall AIL luncheon presentations include:
- Oct. 5 — Nutrition Matters
- Oct. 19 — Herbs
- Nov. 2 — Friends and Family of The Shepherd's Center
- Nov. 16 — The Masonic Order History
2016 Fall AIL Luncheon Menus
2016 Fall AIL luncheon menus include:
- Sep. 28 — Sub sandwiches, potato chips, pickles, fruit salad, dessert and tea
- Oct. 5 — Pizza, salad, dessert and tea
- Oct. 12 — Fried chicken, potato salad, dessert and tea
- Oct. 19 — Chicken pot pies, apple sauce, dessert and tea
- Oct. 26 — Beef tacos (soft & hard shells) & fixins, black beans, dessert and tea
- Nov. 2 — Mac & cheese, green beans, & dessert and tea
- Nov. 9 — Chili w/fixins, crackers, dessert and tea
- Nov. 16 — Lasagna, salad, dessert and tea