Ways your generosity has impacted local Seniors.
Please read some of the thank you notes and comments we receive daily:
- “One of your caring volunteer drivers spent the majority of his day transporting me to Johnston Willis Hospital for two procedures. He patiently waited thru the entire ordeal, including a two-hour delay. I really wanted to thank him for his time and patience.”
- “For someone like myself who has no family in the area and whose friends are still working or too far away, this service is a Godsend.”
- “Thank you for your service, and please let your driver know how much I appreciate what he did for me. He really did go above and beyond. You all and the community are fortunate to have someone like him as a volunteer.”
- “This has been a blessing for me. The ceiling looks great. The guys were very professional and skilled. Thank you so much.
- “Thank you for being a team of such caring people who provide such a wonderful service for seniors. I will be thanking you for the rest of my life.”
- “It is comforting to know there is an organization that exists in our area if my mother or I ever find ourselves in the position that we need your services.”
- “Thank you so very much for helping me!! May God Bless You All and Keep You!”
- “May God richly bless the Staff and Volunteers who with compassionate care who with compassionate care give service to others.”
- “This has been a blessing for me; the ceiling looks great, the guys were very professional and skilled. Thank you so much!”
- “Thank you so much for the recent super support I received from the Shepherd’s Center. It has meant more than I can express. The help has increased the pride I have in my home and the ease with which I function in it. Also, it gave me a boost of energy, encouragement, and confidence to work on other projects with your Handyhand volunteers. In contrast, they diligently worked on more challenging improvements, including repairing a drawer, a front porch rail, a front porch step, calking, painting, and trimming a shrub. Every day I see these and am reminded of their kindness and yours!”
- “For the clients, you help us help, the free ride program, is literally, a lifesaver. Without the Shepherd’s Center, many older people have no other way to get to medical appointments, grocery stores or pharmacies.”
- “I am 88 years old and live by myself in Chester. I have no family and I am so thankful for the Shepherd’s Center. The SC-C has allowed me to make my much-needed heart doctor appointments. Without your wonderful volunteers, I would not be able to make any of my appointments. I live on a fixed income and could not afford to pay for a cab to St. Frances to see my doctor. Thank you!”
- Note from a 67-year-old veteran. “It has been really challenging times for me and I thank you all so very much for your help in transporting me to my therapy appointments. You are wonderful volunteers, with your courteous, polite and friendly ways. I truly appreciate everything in getting me there and home in a safe and prompt manner. I can never say “thank you” enough, but it’s a start. Its people like you that make the world a better, nicer place and for this, one day I’ll be table to play it forward. Again, I thank you. God blesses.”
- A driver, Mr. D. was scheduled to pick up a client. No one answered the door. He called the Shepherd’s Center’s Call Center and they were unable to reach the client by telephone. Mr. D. went to the Apartment Community ‘s manager’s office and they got into the home with a manager’s key. The EMS were called, and the client was taken to the hospital.
- Another letter from a grateful senior citizen was received: “I am so thankful for the Shepherd’s Center. You are all a blessing. Thank you from me and for everyone being helped by your outreach to “help others” that are not able to do for themselves! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! May God, our “Good Shepherd” look down upon you.”
- A call came in just this week from a woman who was requesting a ride to the doctor. We were unable to schedule her twice in a week, we told her. She said “Thanks so much anyway. I appreciate the services you offer”. She went on to tell the Call Center volunteer that her sister used the Center following a leg amputation and that our drivers made the difference between her staying in her home or moving to a medical facility. Ms. A. told us she would be forever grateful for the services provided to her and her sister.